Thursday, April 1, 2010

DAY 1 : Am I dreaming?

Hello there everyone!

I only had about 2 hours sleep in the plane cause I was watching a show (New Nodame Cantabile Movie: Part 1) and also the seat wasn't that comfortable…





But I was really fascinated with the services available for you on the plane.
The best part was, at night, we were above the clouds so I could see the stars! SO CLEARLY!
Besides, that, I WOKE UP IN TIME FOR THE SUNRISE!!! YAY!!! It was beautiful!! Here are some pics of it:






My breakfast (Japanese Style =P):


My ratings out of 5 are:


Comfort : 2
Food: 5
Entertainment: 5
Service: 5
Environment: 3.5


I landed safely in Chubu International Airport, Nagoya, Japan.
The first shock of the day was…

"Good morning everyone, I am your captain speaking, we will reach Nagoya in another …… and the temperature is 5゜C . we are now flying…."

5゜C


My heart died.
Those who know me will know why~~ haha!


** Please note that from here onwards, I will follow the Japan time zone, which is 1 hour faster than Malaysia, +9.**
** My host friend is Reina. Her older sister is Yurina. **



Time landed: 8.10am
They are as strict as Thailand… In the sense that they recorded both of my index finger prints' and the actually took my picture~!
So got that all settled, luggage came in one piece, a little scratched though ( AND ITS NEW!!! *CRIES*)
Got out of the immigration with my luggage in 1 piece at about 8.40am.
Yurina and her mother recognised me straight away!
They said I look exactly the same as I did 3 years ago XD (Banzai to my youth~! HEEHEE!!)
Reina was busy with school so she couldn't make it.
When I was in the immigration area I found out that the phone I borrowed from Home wasn't 3G… (and everyone around me were already receiving signals, smses and calls… sigh)
Got me a little frustrated… haha
They then introduced me to a prepaid calling card which is for International Calls. (¥1000) It lasts about… 20 minutes. So it is pretty worth it.
Called mom.

Here comes the next surprise…
I had this misunderstanding where I thought that Yurina was driving there.
I was WRONG!
They led me to the train station connected to the airport and bought the tickets.
I found out that the train ride lasts 1 hour (inclusive of 2 stops) from the Airport to the last station.
Well, it was an experience. Went in with my violin and luggage.
Carried it up and down stairs~
From the last station to their house is about another 30 mins.
But because of this, I managed to have a nice long chat with Yurina and her mother.
I found out that the Sakura trees are only starting to bloom.
They only bloomed here and there. But it is not full yet.
I think they will take me to see it on Tuesday.
Those that were bloomed already were… beautiful! Imagine a whole area of them *drools*
Here is a little video of the drive from the last station to AEON:


Another surprise:
I only had big YENs… I needed smaller ones… Guess where they asked me to get the change?
I needed to change ¥10 000 into smaller notes.
*drumroll*
The answer is……………… "A CONVENIENCE STORE!"
They told me, go and buy a sweet or something and just use the ¥10 000.
My jaw dropped.
I bought a drink, and I gave the cashier the ¥10 000… the cashier… took it like it was nothing and changed it happily for me with lots of smaller notes.
Culture shock…!
Well my day didn't stop there… It had just begun…


After we reached the car, they found out that I wanted to buy a new sim card for the Japanese phone which Chea Yii had lent to me.
So they thought that AEON (their shopping mall) would have it so Reina's mother drove Yurina and me there.
Before that, remember how it was 5゜C outside?
I FROZE when I walked out of the airport.
Even with the fleece Jacket.
I FROZE.
So they took me to AEON to get me a warmer Jacket.
It was surprisingly cheap! For its quality! It was about RM50.
And it was really cool looking!
Then we proceeded to get the Sim card.
Found out that that place didn't have it so we went to YAMADA ELECTRONICS!
That is because I also wanted to buy an electronic dictionary since the book ones back in Malaysia is almost invalid for my current level.
AEON had it but… we thought maybe there are cheaper ones.
The cheapest they had was ¥17000


Arrived at Yamada Electronics.
A BIG building just for all the electronics products.
First we asked for the sim card… they didn't have it @_@!
Then we looked at the electronic dictionaries.
They were having a sale and stock clearance! YAY!
So I got a good one for ¥14800


Then we drove to another store to get the sim card.
Don't have…. @_@ I felt sooo bad ….
Then this shop gave us the map on the stores which do sell them.
So we decided to go and buy it when we pick Reina up from school.
By now it was already 1pm.
Everyone was hungry.
We found a ramen store nearby and we ate there.

IT WAS CHEAP! And on top of that, they served HUGE portions!
Here are the pics:













It was only ¥420 or less…
It was good too~~!

Then we drove home.
I put all my stuff down and I watched TV with Yurina and her father until it was time to pick Reina up.
Went to pick Reina.
Went to her school, about another 30mins drive from her house.
I swear! You can do drifting there and back, uphill and down hill.

Then we went to Softbank's store and bought the SIM card. Its called USIM.
It's a prepaid USIM for ¥300.
Got it working, and we rushed around to do some last minute shopping for dinner.

DINNER WAS FUN!
We made our own Takoyaki, onigiri, BBQ meat and their neighbours (Souma and his family) whom I know as well, came over as well!

Here is the vid:


Then we walked over to Souma's house and played Wii!
And then played one game of cards.
We left at… 12 am.





HAHA!

That's all of my CRAZILY BUSY 1st day. A real adventure.
I know tomorrow will be an exciting day too! You'll know soon~!

I'm missins everyone in Malaysia! @_@ I really wish you all are here with me to experience everything.
I still feel like I'm actually watching a Japanese drama from my PC…
Japan is really a totally different world all together.
I'll put it as that for now.
And I'm truly amazed on how I survived today XD
Lot's of LOVE to back home!!

Dakeru, signing out~!

4 comments:

  1. USIM 買いましたねえ!しかも、いい電子辞書も!よかった、ケーリ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. そうだよね~でもホストファミリーとメールできないんだけど...皆はKDDIのauなんだから...ちょっと残念...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Few words~~oishi so + kire no hana + Suuge(?)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daphne > Hahahaha!!! arigatoU~~!!!

    ReplyDelete