Thursday, April 8, 2010

DAY 10 : YATTA~~~!!!

Hi everyone~

Guess who is here? ME! HAH! Omg… so lame… Ok… forget what just happened…

Well, got up a little late today XD
So I quickly rushed to get ready, stuffed breakfast in my mouth and rushed out.
But they thought that it would be too slow if I walked to the station so Keiko-san's husband decided to send me there with his car!
He's so kind!!! @_@
So he did that and I ran onto the train which took me straight to Nanba station!
My first time riding the Japanese train myself.
It was an experience I guess~
Got to Nanba stations with no problems.
The next task was the tough bit…
Figuring out how to get to my school from Nanba station.
The map looked easy until I stepped out of the station!
Traffic lights, cars, streets which looked the same everywhere I turned, people, bikes, noise…!
Totally overwhelmed by the atmosphere…
Been a while since I was in a big city…!
So no time to waste… I only had half an hour left till 10am, that's when my placement test starts.
Decided to walk straight… walked about 300meters and realise that something was wrong.
Walks back that 300m and stares back at the very easy looking map which had such detailed instructions.
After looking around me for a while I decided to ask a guard for the directions.
He was a life saver.
Showed me how to get there and I was off~

After about 5 mins of so, I found the school~
Went in and was guided to the classroom.
The staff introduced themselves and everything was translated from Japanese to English, to Chinese, to Korean.
Then the exam started.
Asnwered everything then the staff incharge gave me an extra sheet to do.
I answered all that just in time to be called for my oral test.
Answered all their questions.
They asked me, "What would you like to achieve in this one month?"
I answered, "Definitely, Kanji! @_@"
Went back to the classroom to hand up the exam and left to have lunch.

Walked around feeling really lost then I reached a soba/udon shop.
I was about to leave when a guy came up to me and asked me if I was going in cause he was going in.
Apparently he was one of the students who took the exam with me just now.
So I agreed to join him.
Went in and I had zaru soba.
I realised they don't serve Cha Soba here very often.
Then talked with him.
He is from China and he will be doing his One year Japanese Language course in Arc Academy Osaka (my language school at the moment) then he will apply and get into a Japanese university in Osaka.
So he will be here for another 5 years.
Lives by himself in an apartment.
Same age as me.
SO COOL!!!

Anyways, we waited outside the school until they started their Nanba City tour, specially organised for all the new students.
So they took us around.
Introduced a few cheap restaurants and shops.
Yea… so that was that~
Then my friend had to go for a meeting so I left and wondered around a bit more.
After a while, I wasn't really sure of what to do anymore so I decided to go back home.

Went back home and then had dinner.
Dinner was interesting!
They served me "Red Rice" (赤飯- Sekihan) and Grilled Fish (焼き魚-Yakizakana) and not forgetting, Sake (酒)!!
Normally the Japanese people serve this meal (except the Sake) for their kids who have just started School or graduated from school.
They celebrate everything! @_@
Kanpai~
so that was dinner.
After dinner, Keiko-san was telling me that near my school there is this bookstore called "Book Off" which sells nicely kept second hand books, comics, cds, games etc at an extremely cheap price!
She told me to go find it tomorrow and have a look since I have a day off and since my train ticket is already paid.
So I agreed~ ADVENTURE!!!! YAY!!!

Then I went upstairs and found my family online~~
And friends as well~
So I chatted with everyone until pretty late XD
So that was my first day at school~
NANBA ADVENTURE ALONE TOMORROW~~~ WEEE~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment