Thursday, April 1, 2010

DAY 3: This is “JAPAN”!

Hello there everyone!

Today was like a real life Japanese Culture studies class kind off outing?
Oh gosh… I don't understand what I just typed…
HAHA! Anyways~~~

Morning was another home cooked Japanese + American breakfast.
It was like… Japanese seasoned rice with Sunny side up egg and sausages.
Anyways, woke up about 8.30am, Yurina woke me up.
She had to leave for her part time job.
So it was sort of rushed.
Reina had already left for school for her Dance club practise.

Left the house about 9.20am.
Sent her to the train station which she will take about 1 hour to Nagoya.
Then Reina's mom and I waited at the station for her sister.
About… 10.40am, she arrived.

We then proceeded to Okazaki Castle!
It was like to know more about the history of Takugawa Ieyasu as well as to see the SAKURA!!!
Apparently, this year, the Sakura is blooming abit late because of the cold weather.
Today it was EXTREMELY COLD! They said today's temperature was like winter!
Imagine… if the Japanese found it cold… what about me?
Gosh… it was really cold~ and I took videos of the Sakura trees… my hand was almost numb!
Actually, the coldness came from the strong winds.
I felt like I was about to be blown away~~

Anyways, we went to the castle and explored the whole area~
I really learnt a lot.
Here is the video I have put together:

Here is a picture where I became a samurai for a few minutes:
Had my lunch at the castle.
I had Soba~
Here is a pic:

It was delicious!

After all that, there was about a few minutes and Reina's mom had to pay for the parking ticket so we went to the Okazaki library~
Apparently, Reina and Yurina would come to this library and study for the whole day when their exams are near.
Here is a pic of it:
Isn't it amazing?
I couldn't believe that this was a library!

After that, we parted ways with Reina's mom's sister, and Reina's mom brought me to a Kimono shop cause she had to pass the shopkeeper something.
When we reached there, everyone knew each other! @_@
Amazing!
Apparently Reina's Mom has always been their customer for years.
Reina's mom said that you can get Kimonos there for a cheaper price.
The shop wasn't busy at that time so one of the shopkeeper introduced the Kimonos to me.
Her name was Aya-chan.
She told me everything from the kind of cloth, the techniques they used to colour it, the difference between a real traditionally printed Kimono from a different kind of printing, to the meaning of the patterns on the Kimonos.
It's amazing how all of them have their own meaning.
You know what… they even allowed me to try on 2!!!!!
@_@
They are sooo kind!
They said it's fine since there is no customers at the moment.
Here are the pics of the 2 Kimonos I tried on:
Apparently, these are the Kimonos which girls wear before they are married.
I forgot to ask if they have already married.
Had lots of fun~
Aya-chan was so kind.

We then left to pick Reina up from school.
Then we went back to the Kimono shop as Reina wanted a new Yukata.
She picked hers and they asked me to pick mine! @_@
I'm really one lucky girl… ><

Then we went to the Supermarket to buy some fish for dinner and some bread as snacks on the way home.
Now I'm at home, writing this post at 7.50pm smelling the delicious smell coming from the Kitchen.
Apparently, dinner is ready~
So I'll be off~
Tomorrow we are going to watch Reina's dance performance! I can't wait~!

3 comments:

  1. Loved ur kimonosssss! u looked superbly awesome Kelli! oMg =))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you took the bestest sakura photos the world has ever seennnN! oMg =)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. reallY???? oh gosh * blush* thanks sooo much!! and thanks for reading this blog too~~ ;D

    ReplyDelete