Saturday, April 3, 2010

DAY 6: Departures and Meetings

Hi there~
Today was my last morning with the Suzukis… =( This is the Suzuki's little plantation behind their house~
Woke up at the same time as Reina which was at 6.30am
She needed to leave to her dance camp.
Had breakfast with her and her mom and her grandpa.
Then we said our goodbyes and she left for camp.
She just had to cry *tears*
Apparently she couldn't stop crying.
Sigh… oh well… I WILL BE BACK IN 2 YEARS!

So that was that, then I went to pack my bags.
Yurina woke up just in time to eat and get ready.
Then Yurina, Reina's mom and me left the house at 9.30 and drove to the train station.
From there we rode the train to the Nagoya station.
From Nagoya station we took the bullet-train to Kyoto station.
Then we bought Eki-ben! To eat on the train.
Eki 駅 = Station , ben is the short form for bento 弁と.
So to put it together, you get Ekiben~~
Here is a pic of it:

It is cheap, small but… FILLING!
If you notice, there is an egg there.
That egg actually contains half boil eggs.
So imagine this, you need to crack an half boil egg in a Bullet-train~ how fun it that?
And I tell you, the shell was HARD!
Then we reached Kyoto station, we went to activate my messaging service for my phone.
Then we took a taxi to the Ryokan.
Gion Fukuzumi.
There Yurina and her mom waited with me until my Aunt and Uncle and my cousins arrived.
Once they arrived, Yurina and her mom took their leave.
*sobs*

We then left our luggage at the lobby and left for lunch.
I already had my ekiben so I was full~
The rest had their lunch.
Then we walked past this nicely done up street.
Here is like a short video of it:

After that we proceeded to the Zen Temple :
Walked around and saw many beautiful zen gardens and absorbed the peacefulness around the place~
Here are the pics and the vids:
After that we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner.
Dinner was… wow… that's all I can say.
Here is a vid of the lady preparing our dinner:

It was really extravagant. The kind of food served was too sophisticated for my taste buds.
Anyways ate as much as possible … swallowed about 40%... rice was my back up…
Then we left to see the Sakuras lighted up along the street at night.
It was really beautiful!
Here are some pics and vids:
Then we proceeded back to the Ryokan which I found out was in the red light district.
We saw this group of guys walking out from on the lady host club.
One of the guys was DRUNK!
I can't believe I'm seeing this real life.
Only watched it in dramas~
Anyways, we stayed as far as possible from the whole group of them and proceeded back to our ryokan.
When we reached, we found all our 5 futons laid ready for us.

Then we took our baths and slept.
Tomorrow was going to be a full day~
And I'm kind of like a translator for the next 2 days~
Nights everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment